The Drexel University Global Scholar programs recognizes a small number of incoming international students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement as well as a strong commitment to global leadership and international community building. Participants are encouraged to actively participate in valuable peer-to-peer mentorship and leadership development opportunities, as well as team-building activities and community service.
Between 1995 and 2009, Drexel University underwent a period of significant change to its programs, enrollment, and facilities under the leadership of Dr. Constantine Papadakis, the university’s president during that time. Papadakis oversaw Drexel’s largest expansion in its history, with a 471 percent increase in its endowment and a 102 percent increase in student enrollment. His leadership also guided the university toward improved performance in collegiate rankings, a more selective approach to admissions, and a more rigorous academic program at all levels. It was during this period of expansion that Drexel acquired and assumed management of the former MCP Hahnemann University, creating the Drexel University College of Medicine in 2002. In 2006, the university established the Thomas R. Kline School of Law, and in 2011 the School of Law achieved full accreditation by the American Bar Association.
Drexel University will provide all of the following:
- Full-tuition grant – (not applicable to room and board or annual fees).
- Renewable Requirements: Full-time enrollment and award will only be applied during class terms and for a maximum of 12 academic quarters.
- Most grants are granted when students begin full-time acceptance as Drexel students.
Eligibility criteria for the Global Scholar Program at Drexel University
- International first-year fall start applicants.
- Students begin full-time enrollment in their first year as Drexel students will receive scholarships to support their undergraduate study starting this fall.
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: full tuition grant
Number of Awards: Varies
Method of application: To be considered for the Drexel Global Scholar program, applicants must submit a complete admissionapplication and the supplemental Global application, including supporting documents found in Discover Drexel. After admission, the application has been processed and applicants will receive an email that will give access to Discover Drexel.
Application Deadline: February 1 for early action and regular decision applicants.