The Catalyst Fund makes grants between $2,500–$15,000 to anyone, anywhere in the world who has an early-stage idea or project that addresses pressing global challenges.
At the heart of The Roddenberry Prize is a belief in the potential for scientific and technological innovation to help us lead better, healthier, and more productive lives while helping the planet and our environment flourish.
The Roddenberry Prize is an invitation to challenge the status quo, to catalyze new ways of thinking, and to imagine a better future. It is an opportunity to envision a world that is more equitable and prosperous in which all of us – regardless of our background – can thrive.
Eligibility requirements Criteria For The Roddenberry Catalyst Fund For Early-Stage Projects And Startups.
The Catalyst Fund has been created to source ideas from all corners of the globe. You can be a seasoned social entrepreneur or a first-time changemaker. Eligible candidates for the Catalyst Fund may be individuals, teams of individuals, non-profit organizations, or social enterprises. To be eligible, all applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Submit an application in English
- Include completed responses to all required application questions
- Agree to all legal terms and conditions of the Catalyst Fund grant program
- Be able to legally receive grant funding
- Innovative: Approaches or strategies that innovate on existing models — What are you building on? What other solutions already exist?
- Community-based: You have a deep understanding of the communities you work on behalf of — what are their needs? How are they engaged in the process? How will they be able to maintain the solution over time?
- High potential for impact: A recognized issue that affects a significant percentage of people — this is relative, but we’re looking for solutions to problems that have an outsized impact.
- Sustainable: Experienced team and a smart strategy for driving change – Who and what are driving the change? Why is this the right team? What makes this the right strategic bet right now?