Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships are awarded annually to graduates from Malawi, Zambia, or Zimbabwe who are residents of those countries and are nationals of those countries during the 2022/2023 academic year.
Beit Trust has partnered with universities. As a result, the Trust is able to share expenses and grant more scholarships. Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships are therefore only available to candidates who have been accepted into those universities. Beit Partnership University acceptance is a prerequisite for applying for a scholarship from the Trust.
Its Postgraduate Scholarships are awarded to recipients at a partner university in South Africa or the United Kingdom, for study in a program of their choice, according to the nation’s needs. The length of a taught master’s degree is typically one year in the UK, and two years in South Africa. University partners in the UK include Edinburgh, Cambridge, Leeds, Glasgow, Oxford, and Strathclyde. Three South African partners are currently active: Stellenbosch, Rhodes, and UCT.
As a result of substantial academic partnerships with leading institutions, the Trust granted 18 new Scholarship awards at British and South African universities in 2021. It offers only Postgraduate Scholarships to South African students. They do not grant scholarship awards for undergraduate work and their postgraduate focus is on Master’s Degree programs.
They do not grant scholarship awards for Ph.D. research ab initio. Only under special circumstances, and for Beit scholars of exceptional merit, will the Trustees give consideration to offering support to Ph.D. level. The Trust does not give consideration to candidates for MBAs.
The subsequent round of Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships will be granted for the academic session starting September 2022 for universities in the United Kingdom; and January 2023 for universities in South Africa.
Worth of Award
The Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships provides;
- Fees, tuition expenses and related academic costs. These are paid by the Trust direct to the institutions.
- A personal stipend, index-linked in line with guidance from an autonomous authority, providing maintenance support.
- Other stipends are paid for arrival, a laptop and a return flight back home.
- Economy Class tickets are granted for the initial travel to the place of study and on the final return back home.
- No stipends are paid for partners and other family members.
Eligibility for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
To be considered qualified for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships;
- Only citizens of Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Malawi, who are also living in and plan to return to those nations, are qualified to apply;
- All candidates (with the exception of medical and veterinary doctors) have to be under the age of 30 years on 31 December of the year of application.
- Some work experience after conclusion of a first degree is strongly advised.
- Doctors and vets are required to be under 35 years of age on 31 December of the application year.
- They must have finished 18 months of internship, and a one-year, if possible rural, posting in the applicable nation.
- The Trust does not give consideration to candidates for MBAs.
How to Apply for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
- Applications must be for a one-year taught Master’s Degree program (to UK universities), and a two-year taught Master’s program in South Africa;
- Applications must be made straight to the partner universities itemized above, and only to those institutions, through their websites and in the period starting September 2022 (although some application windows do not begin until October. Their websites will guide you);
- So long as the programs to be pursued are available, you may apply to over one Partner University at a time. Indeed, you are recommended do so, to improve your chances of acceptance, and to widen the scholarship award opportunities available;
- Once you obtain a conditional admission or an offer of admission from your selected partner university, you should apply as soon as possible to The Beit Trust for a scholarship award.
Applications close on February 12, 2022.
For more information, Visit here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here
We will be thanks full if you help us!
We want immigration for our life because we are under high security treaths; your helps is belong to our own destiny!
Be lucky all team
Firstly thanks immigration embassy for give this chance , if we have get this chance I’m very happy. thank you.
Thanks for the im migration ebassy I will be great ful if I get this chance
I would be very great full of my application if is under consideration